Saturday 18 January 2014

In The Kite Runner, what is your reaction to Assef's reappearance as the Talib in chapter 22?

I had a confrontational reaction upon learning that Assef is the Talib in Chapter 22.  In reading what was in front of Amir, I had an instinctual feeling that some type of showdown had to take place.


I knew that Assef would be waiting for Amir.  When Amir is reminded at the start of the book that there is a way to be good again, it made sense to me that this moment is where...

I had a confrontational reaction upon learning that Assef is the Talib in Chapter 22.  In reading what was in front of Amir, I had an instinctual feeling that some type of showdown had to take place.


I knew that Assef would be waiting for Amir.  When Amir is reminded at the start of the book that there is a way to be good again, it made sense to me that this moment is where such a reality can be achieved.  When the Talib removes his glasses, my feeling was that Amir can no longer hide from what he must do. When he was a kid, he hid and let Hassan take the abuse from Assef.  However, at this moment, my reaction was that "this is where it is going to end."


A confrontation between both forces was expected.  It made sense that Amir was going to have to take a stand against the evil that people like Assef embodied.  When he recognizes that he has to retrieve Sohrab, my reaction was that some fight was going to be inevitable.  It was not like one could reason with someone like Assef.  Force is the only thing he respects, and my reaction was that Amir is finally going to have his chance to be good again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there any personification in "The Tell-Tale Heart"?

Personification is a literary device in which the author attributes human characteristics and features to inanimate objects, ideas, or anima...