Saturday 16 August 2014

At the end of the story, Meimei considers her "next move." What move would you make if you were Meimei? What move do you think she will make?

If I were Meimei, I would realize when I have lost.  I would reason that a part of knowing the art of invisible strength is knowing when it is futile to fight anymore.  In light of this, I would apologize to my mother and seek reconciliation.  I would also try to see things from her perspective.  I would hopefully see that she sacrificed a lot for me and my brothers. So, I would try to be more thankful and understanding. 

I don't know if Meimei would take the above approach.  I don't think that she would do that, because she has fire in her heart.  The very fact that she ran away by herself shows the extent of her independence. In addition, the text says that she pondered her next move.



I closed my eyes and pondered my next move.



These words suggest that she will seek to win. She will probably give the cold shoulder and go her own way.  It will be a test of endurance to see who will win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there any personification in "The Tell-Tale Heart"?

Personification is a literary device in which the author attributes human characteristics and features to inanimate objects, ideas, or anima...