Friday 17 February 2017

What are some examples of this prompt and what does "understanding" mean in this situation? People's understanding of the world changes over time.

I think the best way to understand the prompt and the word "understand" is to completely substitute that word for another word.  The word that I would choose instead of understand is "worldview."  


Merriam Websters dictionary defines worldview like this:


the way someone thinks about the world


In regard to your prompt, the way that a person thinks about the world and the world around them does change over time.  There are plenty of...

I think the best way to understand the prompt and the word "understand" is to completely substitute that word for another word.  The word that I would choose instead of understand is "worldview."  


Merriam Websters dictionary defines worldview like this:



the way someone thinks about the world



In regard to your prompt, the way that a person thinks about the world and the world around them does change over time.  There are plenty of reasons why a person's worldview might change.  It could be simple growing up and maturing.  The change could be triggered by a major event in a person's life too.  In my own experience, my worldview has recently been shaped and changed through a combination of the two listed reasons.  I am getting older and more confident with myself, and I am now a father of three kids.  I see the world differently than I did before.  My priorities have shifted from myself and my job to my kids.  I still care about myself and my job, but my attitude about work has changed.  


Other things that could shape and change a person's worldview could be education and religion.  For example, college had a way of making me realize that I didn't know everything that I thought I knew in high school.  It sort of humbled me and the way that I thought about the world. I'm sure 10 years from now, my worldview will be different than it is now regarding certain topics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there any personification in "The Tell-Tale Heart"?

Personification is a literary device in which the author attributes human characteristics and features to inanimate objects, ideas, or anima...